We are owned by our members - customers, employees and local residents - who direct and support our mission to "get everyone active".
Our community membership incorporates:
- Salford Community Leisure employees
- Library members
- Aspire and Freedom members that use our sport and leisure facilities on a regular basis.
...plus a broad selection of community members and volunteers that represent the varying needs of our community and make sure we have the strongest voice in the City when it comes to leisure and culture.
Becoming a member is easy! Community membership is available for anyone aged 11 years and over. There is no upfront charge for membership and the cost of using the facilities is the same for members and non-members.
Why be a member?
- Do you share our charitable and co-operative values and principles?
- Do you want your voice to be heard?
- Do you want to contribute to the design and delivery of community leisure services?
- Do you want to do business with us knowing that your money is being re-invested back into services for local people?
- Do you want to be consulted on new projects, facilities and activities?
Each member holds one membership share of 1p. All members are invited to attend our Annual General Meeting with everyone aged 16 and over able to vote. For those that are looking to get more involved, why not stand for election as a community representative on our forum? Or you could be one of the 1,000 members that sit on our online Leisure Advisory Board (LAB).
Leisure Advisory Board (LAB)
The LAB is the voice of the membership that is consulted regularly on major policy decisions and day to day activities to find out likely take up for new activities, add local opinions to business cases for extension of services or prove the need for services that might be under threat.
For more information please contact Susan Leonard, Secretary to the Board, Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford, M27 5DA or email email@example.com