Information for teachers
Please note that Lark Hill Place is closed to the public for a temporary re-display in early 2018 so we are not able to take any school visits between 3rd January and 6th February 2018. Our learning services will resume as normal from the 6th February onwards.
Here you will find everything you need to know prior to visiting the museum for your school visit.
On booking, you will need to provide the following details:
- School name
- Contact name and telephone number
- The size of your group
- The time you will be arriving and departing
- Which package you require
- If your pupils will be bringing a packed lunch
- What facilities you will be using (e.g. school room for pupils to eat their packed lunch)
For more information or to make a booking please email LearningBookings@scll.co.uk or give a member of the learning team a call on 0161 686 7442 (Monday and Thursday) or 0161 778 0821 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday).
A room is available for up to 30 people to eat their lunch - please reserve this when you make your booking. Larger parties should be split into smaller groups and visit the room in turns. Peel Park can be used for lunches in fine weather.
- Key Stage 1 visits (Lark Hill Live! package) - £3.00 per pupil (Salford schools), £3.50 per pupil (schools outside Salford)
- Key Stage 2 visits (Time Detectives package) £3.00 per pupil (Salford schools), £3.50 per pupil (schools outside Salford)
- Self guided visits - free of charge
- Art sessions - £3.00 per pupil (Salford schools), £3.50 per pupil (schools outside Salford)
- Key Stage 2 plus Art Session (full day) - £5.00 per pupil (Salford schools), £5.50 per pupil (schools outside Salford)
- ESOL sessions - £3.00 per pupil
Cheques should be made payable to Salford Community Leisure and can be brought on the day. If payment is not made on the day, an invoice will be raised which has an admin fee of £15.00.
Confirmation of your booking
Once you have made your booking we will send your confirmation letter and a risk assessment via email.
Cancelling your booking
Should you need to cancel your booking, please give two weeks notice so that we can reallocate the session. For paid sessions, a £30.00 cancellation fee will be charged for bookings cancelled with less than two weeks notice.
Arriving at Salford Museum
We can provide coach parking facilities. Details will be sent out at the time of booking.
If you have booked a tour or session, you should aim to arrive as close to the start time as possible. We may be unable to provide the whole service if you are late.
Please don't arrive too early as the building may not be open (if before 10.00am) or another group may be using the building. If you have any problems on the day. please phone the museum on 0161 778 0821 or 0161 778 0800 and we will do our best to resolve any potential difficulties.
Teachers are responsible for their class at all times and must stay with the class for the whole of the session on both guided and self-guided visits.