Salford Local History Library
Your Heritage is Improving!
Salford Local History Library will close on Friday 26 June and re-open on Wednesday 2 September to undertake a stock check and re-organise the way you access the library's valuable resources. During the closure period limited stock will be available in the museum, including a selection of books and picture packs. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you can't wait that long we may be coming to see you. As part of the Digital Salford project we will be travelling to local libraries around the city to ask which photographs you think should be digitised and included in the digital archive. We will be at the following libraries on these dates:
- Pendleton Library - Monday 15 June to Friday 19 June
- Cadishead Library - Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July
- Broughton Library - Monday 13 July to Friday 17 July
- Eccles Library - Monday 27 July to Friday 31 July
- Walkden Library - Monday 10 August to Friday 14 August
- Swinton Library - Monday 24 August to Friday 28 August
More details and specific events we have planned can be found on our Digital Salford website.
The Local History Library now runs as an appointment only service between the following times:
- Tuesday: 10.00am to 1.00pm, 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Wednesday: 10.00am to 1.00pm, 2.00pm to 8.00pm
- Thursday: 10.00am to 1.00pm, 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am to 1.00pm, 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Booking is essential so please telephone 0161 778 0814 to book an appointment. If the Library isn't available please call our Museum Reception on 0161 778 0800 for further information. Appointments cannot be booked through reception.
Periods where the library will be available or unavailable can be checked prior to booking on the Google Calendar.
- Three disabled persons' parking spaces adjacent to museum entrance
- Ramp into the building for wheelchair and pram access
- Lift inside the museum to access all floors
- Loop in reception and shop area
- Disabled persons' toilet
- Baby changing facilities
- Braille interpretation panels/tactile statues
Car parking charges apply at Salford museum at the following rates:
- Up to three hours: £2.00
- Three to six hours: £5.00
- Six to twelve hours: £8.00
All monies generated will go towards the running of Salford Museum and Art Gallery
- Local History
What's on offer
- Family history
- Local history