Salford Museum and Art Gallery
Car park and Cafe closure - Saturday 28 April
Due to the museum hosting an external event the car park and cafe will be closed all day on Saturday 28 April from 8.00am until 4.00pm. Salford City Council have arranged alternative parking at the rear of the Fire Station/Acton Square and no enforcement will be in operation so visitors can park for free.
The car park is Christchurch Avenue at the rear of Acton Square. There may also be some disruption to the roads around the gallery whilst the event takes place. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
Between the end of March and the end of June 2018 the museum will have several programmes of work occurring which include urgent restoration work in part of the Victorian Gallery, the installation of new exhibition standard lighting in the Langworthy Gallery and maintenance jobs throughout the building.
Once works are completed we aim to have these galleries fully open to visitors again, and ask that you bear with us during the works as we may have to close parts of galleries at short notice.
Confirmed gallery closures are as follows:
- Victorian Gallery – currently closed for urgent building work, and will partially re-open on Wednesday 11th April until it is fully open in June.
- Langworthy Gallery (Current exhibition: One Drawing at a Time by the Urban Sketchers) dates of closure to be confirmed.
- Café and Lark Hill Place will be open as usual throughout the works but please phone ahead before you travel.
We will do our best to keep all our media channels up to date and look forward to seeing the building fully open again this summer for the Royal Academy Exhibition.
Accessible parking bays
Due to essential building works to the front elevation of Salford Museum & Art Gallery we have at present no marked accessible parking bays for blue badge holders. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Tuesday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
The cafe is open on weekdays from 8:30am - 4:30pm and on weekends from 11:30pm - 4:00pm
Unless otherwise stated, this facility is closed on bank holidays.
- Free entry
- Three disabled persons' parking spaces adjacent to museum entrance
- Ramp into the building for wheelchair and pram access
- Lift inside the museum to access all floors
- Loop in reception and shop area
- Accessible toilet available
- Baby changing facilities
- Tactile statues
Please see the heritage Access Policy Statement for more information about access at Salford Museum and Art Gallery and Ordsall Hall.
Car parking charges apply at Salford Museum & Art Gallery at the following rates:
- Up to 3 hours: £2.50
- 3 - 6 hours: £3.50
- Over 6 hours: £9.00
All monies generated will go towards the running of the museum.