Salford Museum and Art Gallery
We offer free admission and welcome all children accompanied by a responsible adult.
Lark Hill Place changeover
During January 2018 our Victorian street, Lark Hill Place will be temporarily closed whilst we change the street's theme setting from 1897 to 1918 to illustrate how World War One changed life in Salford. Please do come and visit us from Tuesday 6th February to see these exciting changes! The museum, cafe and galleries will all be open as normal. Find out more.
Change in opening hours
From Tuesday 6 February 2018, our opening hours will be changing to:
- Tuesday to Friday - 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Saturday to Sunday - 11:30am to 4:00pm
- Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Saturday to Sunday - 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 4:45 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 4:45 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 4:45 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 4:45 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The cafe is open on weekdays from 8:30am - 4:00pm and on weekends from 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Unless otherwise stated, this facility is closed on bank holidays.
- Free entry
- Three disabled persons' parking spaces adjacent to museum entrance
- Ramp into the building for wheelchair and pram access
- Lift inside the museum to access all floors
- Loop in reception and shop area
- Accessible toilet available
- Baby changing facilities
- Tactile statues
Please see the heritage Access Policy Statement for more information about access at Salford Museum and Art Gallery and Ordsall Hall.
Car parking charges apply at Salford Museum & Art Gallery at the following rates:
- Up to 3 hours: £2.50
- 3 - 6 hours: £3.50
- Over 6 hours: £9.00
All monies generated will go towards the running of the museum.