Services and charges
These charges apply to all library users with the exception of children and young people under 19 and people who are 70 or over who are exempt from charges for overdue items.
How many items can I borrow and how do I renew them?
Children and adults can borrow a maximum of 10 books for three weeks.
All items can be renewed up to 8 times but requested items cannot be renewed.
£2.00 per 3 week loan – items returned late will be charged at 15p per day, in addition to the hire charge of £2
- Overdue charges: 15p per day unless renewed.
How much does it cost to request an item?
- Requests for items in stock/on order: free
- Requests for items not in stock/not on order: £3
- Requests for periodical articles: £3
- Requests for sets of plays: £15 per set (up to 20 copies, for a maximum loan period of 6 months)
What if I lose my library card or damage an item?
Don't worry if you lose your library card. We can replace it for you. The charge is:
- Adults: £2
- Under 16s: first replacement card is free, subsequent cards cost £1
Lost/damaged items: adults charged at full replacement cost
Can I use a computer in the library and print out my work?
Yes all libraries have computers that are free to use.
Printing charges are:
- A4 black and white: 10p
- A4 colour: 50p
Does my local library have a photocopier?
Yes, all libraries have a photocopier.
Photocopying charges are:
- A4 black and white: 10p
- A3 black and white: 20p
Can I send a fax from my local library?
There are fax machines at the following libraries:
Fax charges are:
- First sheet (including cover sheet): £1.50
- Following sheets: £1
- Incoming fax (per sheet): £1
Does my local library stock newspapers and magazines?
All libraries stock daily newspapers and some stock magazines. These are free to read in the library.
Does the library host regular events and activities for adults and children?
Yes we offer a full programme of events and activities for both adults and children. These include one off children's events and holiday craft and story-rhymetime sessions. Many libraries offer weekly story-rhymetime sessions for under 5s. We host a regular programme of author events for adults, local history and special interest talks. Many libraries have a reading groups for adults. Find a regular or one off event in your local library.
Events and activities charges are:
- Reading groups: community based up to 10 books per month - £100 p.a.
- Special events (local history/author talks): £3.50 for library members and £5 for non library members.
- Children’s craft events £1 library members/£1.50 non library members and £3 families
- Story-rhymetimes: free
Refreshments at free events:
Adults from 70p
Children from 30p