Open water swimming
Check our Facebook page for regular updates.
Open water swimming is a massively growing sport and is a great way to stay fit and healthy. Whether you are just a leisurely swimmer or training for a swim event or triathlon, our open water swim sessions are the perfect training session.
Swim sessions have now finished for the season. We hope that you have enjoyed yourself this year. We aim to start up again in April 2014. The 2014 registration form will be available on this page towards the end of February
Salford Watersports Centre is the home of the Great Manchester Swim and has been host to many major national and international open water swim and triathlon events. Come and join in and see for yourself why this is such a popular sport, there is no better feeling than swimming in the great outdoors.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings (during our swim season) from 6.00pm until 8.30pm. Reception open from 5.30pm
- Season tickets and block passes are available that offer great value
- Full safety cover is provided by safety kayaks and boats
- Warm showers and changing rooms are available
- Structured coaching sessions, run by fully qualified triathlon coaches
- Aquasphere wetsuits, goggles and swim caps can be purchased from reception
- Wetsuit hire is available in both adult and childrens sizes, available for session hire, event hire and season hire
- Two different length courses, measured by GPS (300 metres and 500 metres)
- Lockers available at 20 pence (non-refundable), smaller valuable lockers available at £1 (returnable)
- Limited free on-site parking, we can advise on other parking locations
We also have separate coached sessions that people can take part in on Thursday evenings. The coaches come from Manchester Tri Club and can cater for all abilities.
To receive all the latest news and regular water temperature updates, become a fan of the Salford Watersports Centre Facebook page .
Last entry will be taken at 7.45pm.
To attend a swim session all swimmers must pre-register on a yearly basis. Please register prior to coming, or register on the night once the queue has disappeared