Open water swimming
Check our Facebook page for regular updates. All swimmers must pre-register annually. Register online further down this page. We hope that the water will be warm enough for us to start our swim season on Thursday 24th April.
Current water temperature as of 23/04/14 is 11.4 degrees.
Open water swimming is a massively growing sport and is a great way to stay fit and healthy. Whether you are just a leisurely swimmer or training for a swim event or triathlon, our open water swim sessions are the perfect training session.
Salford Watersports Centre is a premier location for Open Water Swimming. It is the home of the Great Manchester Swim and has been host to many major national and international open water swim and triathlon events.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings (during our swim season) from 5.30pm until 8.30pm. Reception open from 5.00pm. Last entry at 7.45pm.
- Sunday mornings (from Sunday 8th June) from 8.30am until 10.00am. Reception open from 8.00am
- Season tickets and block passes are available that offer great value
- Full safety cover is provided by safety kayaks and boats
- Warm showers and changing rooms are available
- Structured coaching sessions, run by fully qualified triathlon coaches - perfect for all abilities, inc beginners
- Aquasphere wetsuits, goggles and swim caps can be purchased from reception. Wetsuit hire is also available
- Two different length courses, measured by GPS (300 metres and 500 metres)
- Lockers available at 20 pence (non-refundable), smaller valuable lockers available at £1 (returnable)
- Limited free on-site parking, we can advise on other parking locations
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Salford Watersports Centre on 0161 877 7252.