At the Helly Hansen Watersports Centre we have an impressive 8 metre high indoor climbing wall.
Taking part in a climbing session delivers some fantastic outcomes for adults and young people, like improving confidence, self esteem and hand-eye coordination. Climbing also develops problem solving and team building skills, whilst helping to overcome fears and achieve goals.
- Climbing is a low impact cardio exercise, so your breathing and heart rate will improve as well as your stamina.
- Arms will become stronger.
- Shoulders will become more defined.
- Thigh muscles will become more toned.
- Neck muscles will develop stronger muscle groups.
- Forearm strength will increase.
Plus every other muscle group! It’s a full body workout and can improve your strength, endurance and speed in most muscle groups on your body.
The nature of the exercise forces you to use your entire body to climb the wall, not just your upper body. Many people think it’s just about having strength in your arms, but it’s not.