There are many ways you can support us.
Salford Community Leisure is run by and for the people of Salford. We are committed to enhancing the physical and cultural wellbeing of the community through sport, leisure, library and cultural opportunities.
Salford Community Leisure is the guardian of 40 venues including Salford Museum & Art Gallery, Ordsall Hall, 16 libraries, 8 leisure centres, 8 community centres and Salford's Music and Performing Arts Service (MAPAS).
We rely on volunteers to support our venues and our regular volunteers take on roles such as meet and greet, delivery of educational programmes in period dress at Salford Museum & Art Gallery and Ordsall Hall, and grounds development and maintenance in the gardens of Ordsall Hall.
Salford Community Leisure is a not-for-profit Community Benefit Society with Charitable Status (ref XR71610). We rely on the continued generosity of the local community, trusts, individuals and companies to ensure that our community and charitable work continues. Every pound we receive - whether from a donation, venue hire, event sponsorship or gym membership - goes back into keeping Salford's leisure and cultural venues open for all to enjoy and ensure our outreach and educational programmes in the local community and beyond.
Salford Community Leisure works in the local community to:
- Help children and young people to discover the joys of learning, reading and playing music - helping learners of all ages and abilities to build their confidence and skills.
- Inspire local families and visitors with an array of fun and educational days out at Ordsall Hall and Salford Museum & Art Gallery.
- Help older people to find new interests and assist the rehabilitation of those with physical and mental health challenges, including dementia.
- Provide a mobile library service to ensure that older people, as well as those with disabilities and children with special educational needs, are able to benefit from books and other educational services.
- Engage young people in youth and holiday activity programmes.
- Actively promote the works of local artists and craftspeople as well as providing all Salford's residents, and visitors from far and wide, with access to unique collections and world-class art works.
- Maintain 'free' access to our two flagship heritage sites - Salford Museum & Art Gallery and Ordsall Hall & Gardens - as well as run educational outreach programmes for children from local schools bringing the history curriculum to life.