Open water swimming
All Swimmers must pre-register annually.
The Helly Hansen Watersports Centre is a premier location for Open Water Swimming. It is the home of the Great Manchester Swim and has been host to many major national and international open water swim and triathlon events. Our swim sessions are perfect for both leisurely and competitive swimmers.
Water temperature is currently 9.2 degrees on 12th April 2015
We hold swim sessions 5 days a week:
|Monday (starts Mon 11th May)||5.30pm - 8.30pm|
|Tuesday (starts Tues 5th May)||5.30pm - 8.30pm|
|Wednesday (starts Wed 3rd June)||7.00am - 9.00am|
|Thursday (starts Thurs 7th May)||5.30pm - 8.30pm|
|Sunday (starts Sun 6th June)||8.30am - 11.00am|
- Reception opens half an hour before the session starts
- Season tickets and block passes are available that offer great value
- Full safety cover is provided by safety kayaks and boats
- Warm showers and changing rooms are available
- Structured coaching sessions, run by fully qualified triathlon coaches - perfect for all abilities, inc beginners
- Aquasphere wetsuits, goggles and swim caps can be purchased from reception. Wetsuit hire is also available
- Two different length courses, measured by GPS (300 metres and 500 metres)
- Lockers available at 20 pence (non-refundable), smaller valuable lockers available at £1 (returnable)
- Limited free on-site parking, we can advise on other parking locations
We are now selling off our stock of ex-hire wetsuits. Most of the suits are hardly worn. We also have some brand new suits available. Visit our equipment for sale page for further info.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 877 7252.