Open Water Swimming
The Open Water Swimming season has now ended. The 2018 season will return to the centre on Sunday 1 April.
Please re-visit our pages or keep an eye on our social media nearer the time for important updates and details about the new season.
The Helly Hansen Watersports Centre is the home of the Great Manchester Swim and has been host to many major national and international open water swim and triathlon events. Our swim sessions are perfect for both leisurely and competitive swimmers, with fantastic facilities and support.
- Just £5.50 per swim or buy 5 get 1 free!
- Full safety cover is provided by safety kayaks and boats
- Warm showers, changing rooms and lockers available
- Two different length courses, measured by GPS (300 metres and 500 metres)
- Limited free on-site parking, we can advise on other parking locations
- Coached sessions for beginners
We've teamed up with Great Swim Local to enhance your session with:
- Each swimmer is allocated their own individual electronic timing chip
- Personal swim activity tracker - you can check your times online and see how you improve
- You can use your chip to clock your individual lap times, and then check these online
- Visit the leader board and compare your times with your friends!
- Safety features include electronic check in and check out of the water - no more rubber bands!
- No registration fee is you swam with us in 2015 or 2016
If you require any further information, please call us on 0161 877 7252 or email email@example.com.