As a leading force in Salford’s mission to create a connected, creative and co-operative city, we share our values and principles with other co-operatives throughout the world:
- Openness – nobody’s perfect, and we won’t hide it when we’re not
- Honesty – we are honest about what we do and the way we do it
- Social responsibility – we encourage people to take responsibility for their own actions and their community
- Caring for others – we support local charities and we always strive to think about the consequences of our actions on others.
Our co-operative values
- Self help – we help people and groups to help themselves
- Self-responsibility – we take responsibility for, and answer to our actions
- Democracy – we give members a say in the way we run the organisation
- Equality – every member has one vote
- Equity – we operate fairly and are unbiased
- Solidarity – we share interests and common purposes with our members and other similar organisations.
Our principles are the way we put our values into action
- Voluntary and open membership – our membership is open to everyone.
- Democratic member control – all members have an equal voice and our governance arrangements reflect accountability to members.
- Autonomy and independence – we are independent, even when we enter into agreements with the City Council and other public funding organisations.
- Education, training and information – we educate and develop our members, employees and volunteers.
- Co-operation amongst co-operatives – we will work together with other co-operatives and like minded organisations.
- Concern for the community – we will work to improve and develop the community, particularly to ensure those more vulnerable in society are given opportunities.