Hire Salford Museum & Art Gallery
Salford Museum and Art Gallery has been welcoming visitors since 1850, and we are pleased to offer a range of hire packages using our beautiful gallery spaces and renowned Victorian Street – Lark Hill Place.
Lark Hill Place evokes Victorian Salford at dusk, with houses and shop windows displaying a range of original artefacts. Our newly refurbished Victorian Gallery showcases our collection of Victorian paintings, sculptures and decorative art in a traditional setting, and we have a further three gallery spaces which house temporary exhibitions. Finally our new welcome space comprises a shop and licensed café area with picture windows overlooking Peel Park.
These spaces are perfect for a private hire to hold an event, meeting or function – why not have a drinks reception in Lark Hill Place?
The venue is ideally located in the grounds of the University of Salford close to Manchester City Centre. There is also easy access to the motorway network and excellent public transport links.
- Lark Hill Place – step back in time to experience Victorian Salford
- 4 galleries which can be booked for private hire when the museum is closed to the public.
- Welcome space with large café
- Wi-fi in café area
- Flipchart, screen and digital projector available.
- 32 parking spaces including 3 accessible spaces (parking charges apply)
- 24 hour security
These spaces are perfect for a private hire to hold an event, meeting or function – why not have a drinks reception in Lark Hill Place, Afternoon Tea in our welcome space or evening a wedding.
For more information on hire at Salford Museum and Art Gallery or to make a booking please contact Salford Museum and Art Gallery on 0161 778 0800 or email the Visitor Services Manager.
1. Exclusive hire
A perfect film or photography location, the Museum and Art Gallery can also be hired for exclusive uses such as private events and corporate hire. The building is available for exclusive use outside of our core opening hours:
- Monday all day (excludes Welcome Space).
- Monday – Sunday after 5pm (all galleries, Lark Hill Place and welcome space)
Hire charges start from £100 per hour for the Welcome Space, £150 per hour for the Welcome Space and Lark Hill Place and £150 per hour for our Gallery spaces. Hire for the full building is £1,000 per day (9.00am-4.00pm). £150 per hour after 4.00pm.
We can also organise bespoke catering, a cash bar and refreshments.
Why not add a taste of culture to your evening event and entertain your guests amid our impressive art collections and exhibitions
- Lifetimes Gallery: 120 stood, 70 seated
- Victorian Gallery: 120 stood, 50 seated
- North Gallery and Langworthy Gallery: please contact venue for information as numbers dependant on the current exhibition.
- Lark Hill Place: 60 stood (no seating permitted)
- Welcome Space: 80 stood, 40 seated
Galleries are available to hire after 5pm, or anytime on Mondays. We can also organise bespoke catering, a cash bar and refreshments.
3. Welcome space
From breakfast meetings to evening drinks receptions our newly refurbished welcome space gives a relaxed and informal atmosphere with views to Peel Park and the stunning architecture of the Peel Building. We serve high quality food and drink from local suppliers and producers, and are a licensed venue.
We are open to the public Monday – Friday from 8.30am to 4.00pm (cafe only on Mondays) and weekends from 1.00pm – 4.00pm.