Carols and Choirs
Tuesday 11 December
St Peter's CE Church, Chorley Road, Swinton, M27 0WA
This is a festive celebration for school choirs, providing the opportunity for primary and secondary school choirs to gather and perform a selection of massed items along with an individual song from each choir. It's a lovely way to end the term with an opportunity for a small number of schools to offer a reading.
If you would like to book a place for your school, please complete and return the booking form on the right hand side of this page by Friday 2 November. A completed BOPA form will also need to be returned by no later than Friday 9 November (a template is available to download on the right hand side of this page).
Please ensure that you only request seats that you can fill, as this event will no doubt be very popular and we will have to turn some choirs away. We are offering 300 spaces, which will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Once we have received your application we will confirm that we can accommodate your choir and send out the sheet music/backing tracks/lyrics for the massed items. If you have access to Sing Up you can download the items from there. The pieces that we will perform together are:-
Away in a Manger
Tell me a story shining star
Jingle bell rock
An itinerary for the event is available to download on the right hand side of this page. If you have parents who would like to come and watch the performance, please ensure that you inform them that they will not be able to enter the church until 5.45pm at the earliest, as there will be groups sound-checking before this time.
If you have not taken part in this event before, the expectations are outlined below:
- Provide 3 pieces with full score/lyrics/backing tracks
- Plan and run the event free of charge for school choirs
- Provide the necessary piano/PA/Microphone for reader & Microphone for any soloist singer that you may have.
- Coordinate and run the rehearsal and event on Tuesday 11th December
- Provide a Risk Assessment for the venue.
We will need you to:
- Provide 1 choir piece of your choice and have learned the massed items to perform from memory
- Organise transport arrangements, and associated costs, which will need to be met by your school (there is no fee to take part in this event)
- Publicise and encourage your choir parents to attend the performance
- (optional) You can offer to provide a reading/poem of your choice (We will notify you if this will be included in the event once we have assessed the level of participation from schools)
- Inform MAPAS of your choir piece/reading by the deadline
- Complete the BOPA by the deadline (template form attached to this page)
- Provide adequate staff to supervise your choir
Each year this proves to be a lovely way to bring together children from across Salford. We look forward to seeing you at the event. If you need any support or further information please do not hesitate to contact us on 0161 778 0256 or firstname.lastname@example.org