The service is offered to Salford residents who find it difficult to access their local library.
books @home customers receive a bespoke service. Our staff select books and audio books for you, based on your tastes, and deliver them to your door.
You can apply for books@home if you live in Salford and:-
- Are elderly
- Have limited mobility
- Have mental health difficulties
- Have a visual impairment
- Have learning difficulties
- Are a carer
- Need the service on a temporary basis – for example while you recover from an operation or illness
- A visit every 4 weeks
- Small and large print books
- Audio books & e-audio books
- The opportunity to discuss with staff the types of books you enjoy
- The facility to request books
We also visit:
- Elderly persons’ residential homes
- Day-care centres
- Social clubs for adults with learning difficulties
- Social clubs for the visually impaired
- Supported housing
- Any other community group who may benefit from the library service
The service is FREE but you need to apply – you can:-
Complete the online application form (below).
Contact us on 0161 609 5150.
Ask a member of staff in any Salford library or Gateway.