Our books@home service is offered to Salford residents who find it difficult to access their local library.
books@home customers receive a bespoke service. Our staff select books and audio books for you, based on your tastes, and deliver them to your door.
You can apply for books@home if you live in Salford and:
- Are elderly
- Have limited mobility
- Have mental health difficulties
- Have a visual impairment
- Have learning difficulties
- Are a carer
- Need the service on a temporary basis – for example while you recover from an operation or illness
- A visit every 4 weeks
- Small and large print books
- Audio books & e-audio books
- The opportunity to discuss with staff the types of books you enjoy
- The facility to request books
We also visit:
- Elderly persons’ residential homes
- Day-care centres
- Social clubs for adults with learning difficulties
- Social clubs for the visually impaired
- Supported housing
- Any other community group who may benefit from the library service
The service is FREE but you need to apply. You can either complete the online application form below, contact us on 0161 609 5150, email email@example.com or speak to a member of staff in any Salford Library or Gateway.