An SCL All Inclusive membership is so much more than a gym membership.
Perfect if you want the flexibility to use all our facilities whenever you like. If you've got a fitness goal you want to achieve and you want to get the best value membership by committing to 12 months.
Included in our most popular membership is unlimited access to our:
- 8 Leisure Centres at Broughton, Clarendon, Eccles, Irlam & Cadishead, Ordsall, Salford Sports Village, Swinton & Pendlebury and Worsley
- 8 gyms, including the Strength and Conditioning Zone at Eccles Leisure Centre and the Ladies only gym at Broughton
- 6 swimming pools
- Sauna & steam rooms at Broughton, Worsley and Irlam & Cadishead (sauna only)
- 300+ group exercise classes each week, including the Les Mills class range
- FREE badminton and squash courts at any time
- Ability to book classes and courts 7 days in advance online or via our app
- An optional free gym inducton
- £1 discount on activities at Helly Hansen Watersports Centre
- Ability to freeze your membership for £5 a month should you need to
Choose the Minimum term or Annual option and extend your membership even further with a GM Active bolt on. This gives you free access to 58 gyms across Greater Manchester. Meaning you'll never be far away from your next workout.
Our gyms include the very latest touch screen cardio machines featuring virtual courses so you can run along the beach or through the forest and mountains, a full range of modern easy to use strength machines, climbing and rowing machines, high intensity workout equipment plus a full range of dumbbells, cables and stretch areas.
How to pay
- 12 month minimum term and Flexible options must be paid by Direct Debit
- A £10 joining fee applies to all Direct Debit options
- Annual option must be paid in full upfront
- 12 month minimum term can be cancelled as from month 11 onwards with 1 month's written notice
- Out Flexible option can be cancelled at any time with 1 month's written notice
- Further Terms and Conditions apply
The easiest way to join is to join online below. To join in the centre you need to bring along your bank details, 2 forms of ID showing your address and signature e.g. bank card and driving licence, plus your first month's payment and fee.
Can I try you out before joining?
Yes you can simply pay & play for any of our activities. Please see our prices for details.
Do you have someone available to show me how to use the machines in the gym?
Yes we do, members are welcome to book in for a free gym induction session with one of our qualified instructors. Plus we have staff on hand most of the time to offer advice and guidance.
Do I have to answer any health questions or get a Doctor's note before I can join as a member?
No we won't ask you lots of health questions or require a Doctor's note. We will simply ask you to read and sign a short Health Commitment Statement before you use the gym.
Can I pay for a membership over the counter each month?
No sorry you can't unless you are a member of the Armed Forces.
Do you offer a family membership?
Sorry no we don't as we much prefer to offer our membership on an individual basis only. This avoids the situation of one person being 'tied' to another allowing an individual the freedom to cancel or freeze their membership without it affecting others.
Can a member bring along a friend to use the facilities?
Yes anyone can just pay & play for any of our activities. Please see our prices for information. Please note if a member books a badminton or squash court there is a £1 charge for any non-member attending to play with them (up to 3 others for badminton and 1 other for squash).
Do I get a discount if I am disabled?
Sorry no as we believe our various membership options already offer fantastic value for money.
Can I choose or change the date of my Direct Debit payment?
Payments must come out on either the 1st or 15th of the month, however once you have joined you can swap the date on to the other by contacting our collections department.
What happens if I lose my membership card or fob?
You may purchase a new one from reception for just £2.
Can I put my membership on hold if I become ill or go away on holiday?
Yes you can. If you are unable to use your membership because of a serious illness or injury for a period of no less than 1 month up to a maximum of 6 months and you can provide proof (such as a medical letter) you can apply to freeze your membership free of charge either by completing a form at reception or by email.
You can apply in writing to freeze your membership for any other reason for a period of no less than 1 month up to a maximum of 6 months for an admin fee of £5 per month. To apply please email us.
Can I freeze or cancel my membership?
If you have suffered a serious illness or injury that prevents you from using the remainder of your membership you may apply to freeze your membership by emailing us with the relevant proof.