Social media house rules
Our social media profiles are here for you to interact with us, our services, venues and staff in a friendly environment and we welcome the honest, open and respectful conversation, sharing of photos, videos and links.
We want you to feel as comfortable and confident as possible whenever you interact on our channels and to avoid an individual having a negative experience we ask that you do not post any content or comments (including photos and videos) which fall into any of the categories below:
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend other users
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, libellious, sexually explicit, obscene, profane, abusive, threatening or otherwise objectionable
- Is content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- Are off-topic for the page, profile, discussion or site to which you are posting
- Are considered to be 'spam' where the same message or messages are posted more than once.
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as names, phone numbers, postal or email addresses of you or anybody else
- Identify individuals who work for Salford Community Leisure or any other partner organisation
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Could break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity including breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
We reserve the right to remove comments or posts which are detrimental to others’ enjoyment of our pages and profiles. Those who seek to break these house rules risk being permanently removed from our profiles.
Please understand that any posts we believe are otherwise not in accordance with the terms and policies of the social media site concerned and/or which we otherwise deem inappropriate for our social media communities, will be deleted or hidden from the view of other users without prior notification and may result in you being reported to the social media site and/or banned from accessing our social media pages in the future.
Feedback and sharing
We welcome feedback, both positive and negative, about our services but please make sure your comments are in line with the above guidelines and be aware that our social media profiles are not a replacement for our official comment compliment or complaint procedures.
We try and share or retweet information that we think will be of interest or of use to the public of Salford, however please don't be offended if we don't retweet something you want us to. As a trusted organisation, any sharing of information could be seen as endorsement of a particular view, individual or organisation, and it's important that we remain impartial and protect the council's reputation.
Please note our social media profiles are not monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week but we endeavour to reply where appropriate to any comments or posts within a 48 hour timeframe. If your query is serious, urgent or involves personal details please refer to our contact us page. You can also submit a formal comment, compliment or complaint.
By commenting on a Salford Community Leisure profile you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the rules and guidance quoted above.
Should you spot any content or comments posted on our social media channels which you believe is not in accordance with these House Rules, the terms and policies of the social media channel concerned or the terms and conditions of the our website then please report it here.