As a community co-operative, we strive to ensure that everyone in Salford can get involved, share and develop their skills.
Volunteering is a key way you can support our work. We are always seeking volunteers for regular and one-off volunteering activities across our venues. Whether meeting & greeting, helping out at special events or becoming a registered chaperone for Salford youngsters, we are always looking for volunteers to support our work at Ordsall Hall, Salford Museum and Art Gallery, Salford Libraries or MAPAS to remain at the heart of the community.
We are grateful for all the support that our current volunteers give and we hope that we will continue to attract volunteers across more areas of our work.
Current volunteering opportunities:
Salford Museum & Art Gallery
Extra volunteers needed!
- Do you enjoy chatting to people?
- Would you like to develop your people skills?
- Could you volunteer for one Sunday afternoon a month?
- Are you up for dressing in costume?
If so, please get in touch, as we are looking for more volunteers to join our established Sunday afternoon team at Salford Museum & Art Gallery.
Based in Mr Tomlinson's General Store on the Victorian Street, our enthusiastic volunteers help provide a warm welcome by interacting with visitors.
Part of the role is to talk about the history of the shop, Victorian life and how shopping has changed over the years. The other is weighing and handing out bags of traditional sweets to visitors and encouraging voluntary contributions.
If you like interacting with families and visitors of all ages, or would like to gain more experience in this area, volunteering could be the ideal opportunity for you!
For a detailed role description and an expression of interest form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 686 7445.
Please note that this volunteering opportunity is for occasional Sunday afternoons (12.00pm - 4.00pm) only. Training, support, resources and costumes will be provided.
Salford Community Leisure - Community Forum Members
Salford Community Leisure currently have vacancies for Community Forum Members. If after reading the information below you are interested in applying then please apply by email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Please confirm that you have not been convicted of any indictable offence (other than a spent conviction as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974)
- Please describe in no more than 300 words what you think you would contribute to the forum of Salford Community Leisure Limited
Under the Salford Community Leisure Governance arrangements, the Board comprises of 3 Executive Directors, and 5 Non-Executive Directors. Sitting next to the Board is the Forum which represents "Society Members" and is a link between the Community and the Board of Directors. The Forum is made up of:
- Eight community forum members
- Five employee forum members
- One forum member appointed by the City Council
- Three forum members appointed by the Salford Partnership
Functions of the Forum
The Forum perofrms the following specific functions:
- To appoint or remove the Chair and the other Non-executive Directors, and to approve their terms and conditions of office
- To approve an appointment (by the Non-executive Directors) of the Chief Executive
- To work with the Board of Directors in preparing and to approve the Society's mission, strategy and forward plans
- To appoint one of their number to be Deputy Chair of the Forum
- To appoint or remove the Society's Auditor
- To appoint or remove any other external Auditor appointed to review and publish a report on any other aspect of the Society's affairs
Eligibility requirements for the Forum
- No person may become or continue to be a Forum Member if they:
- Are a Director of the Society
- Are a spouse, partner, parent or child of another Forum Member or of a Director
- Become bankrupt or make any arrangements or composition with creditors
- Have refused without reasonable cause to fulfil any training requirement established by the Forum
- Have refused to sign and deliver to the Secretary a statement in the form required by the Forum confirming acceptance of the code of conduct for Forum Members
Tenure of office as Forum Member
An elected or an appointed Forum Member shall normally hold office for a period of three years.
Forum Meetings will be held no less than twice each year.
Digital Salford: Opening the City's Photo Album
The Local History Library at Salford Museum has a collection of 70,000 photographs of the city, covering the areas, places, streets, buildings and people that make up our rich heritage.
We are now beginning to scan and digitise the collection and are looking for volunteers who will assist residents in finding, choosing and scanning the old photographs that mean the most to them. It will be suitable for anyone with an interest in local history and/or anyone with basic IT skills. Find out more about becoming a Digital Salford volunteer.
Ordsall Hall - Volunteers
Ordsall Hall is Salford's Grade 1 listed gem and has undergone a multi-milion pound Heritage Lottery Fund (GLF) conservation and development programme. We are seeking to enlist the support of some enthusiastic helpers to join our expanding team of volunteers.
Previous experience of the heritage sector is not necessary, although an interest or appreciation of museums, historic houses and gardens would be an advantage. Relevant trainining and support will be provided. Whether you are looking to gain experience, learn new skills, or simply make new friends, you will find a warm welcome waiting for you at Ordsall Hall.
For further details, an information and registration pack, or to discuss whether volunteering at Ordsall Hall is right for you, please call David Potts on 0161 686 7445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordsall Hall - Weekend Gardeners and Garden Stewards
/lifestyles/active-lifestyles/health-walks/volunteer-be-walk-leaderWeekend volunteer gardeners and garden stewards are needed to help in our beautifully landscaped grounds surrounding Ordsall Hall. Experience welcomed but not essential as training will be provided.
We are looking for people who are willing to work one in every four to six weekends, from 12.30pm to 4.00pm on Sundays when we are open to the public. Possible tasks may include:
- Planting our
- Welcoming visitors/answering questions
This is a great opportunity to build up your garden 'know-how', meet new people and enjoy the outdoors.
Active Lifestyles - Postural Stability
Postural Stability is a strength and balance exercise programme delivered by Active Lifestyles Level 4 Postural Stability Instructors. Sessions are designed for frailer older people at risk of falls who have been referred from the Falls Clinic and Intermediate Care. Functional assessments are carried out at regular intervals and exercises focus on stamina, strength and balance, with classes aiming to help improve functional mobility, confidence and maintaned independence. Transport is provided to and from the venue and at the end of each session there is dedicated time for tea and biscuits.
On average there are approximately 16 participants in each class, and with this client group, the support of a volunteer is highly valued. The volunteer would:
- Support clients getting into the class and settled
- Potentially assist in delivery by demonstrating seated exercise options
- Supervise clients practising balance exercises
This position would provide opportunity for the individual to gain practical experience in the field, intergrating with old people with a varying medical condition/needs. Volunteers' have often expressed how much they look forward to the session and the insight they have gained from their involvement.
Class times and venues
|Rainbow Rooms, Eccles||Mondays||1.00pm - 2.30pm|
|Salford Sports Village, East Salford||Tuesdays||10.30am - 12.00pm|
|Guild Hall, Worsley||Tuesdays||1.30pm - 3.00pm|
|Worsley Leisure Centre||Thursdays||12.00pm - 1.30pm|
|Salford Sports Village, East Salford||Thursdays||2.00pm - 3.30pm|
If you’re interested in volunteering with the Active Lifestyles Team please contact Lucy MacCallum on 0161 778 0541 or email email@example.com to discuss which class/classes you would like to visit.
Active Lifestyles - Health Walk Leaders
We are continually looking to expand our walking programme.and are looking for volunteers to lead new health walks across the city. So, if you enjoy walking and meeting people and have a little spare time why not think about being trained as a volunteer walk leader? Find out more about becoming a walk leader.